In accordance with CDC guidelines, and while doing our best to follow safe practices, King’s Cross will be returning to public worship at our usual time, 10:30AM, at the Mystic Rhythms Ballroom.
Staying Home, Streaming, and Drive-By Communion
We have been streaming our services since mid-March and we will continue this for the foreseeable future. This option has been a blessing during this time, and we hope it will continue to be, for us and for those in faraway places who have found us online.
If you are showing any symptoms of illness, been exposed to someone who has tested positive for the virus and believe there is a chance you may have caught it, want to avoid any risk of infection, or are uncomfortable with the measures we will be taking at the Ballroom to reduce the risk of spreading the virus, please stay home and watch the live stream on Facebook.
Sunday services live via Facebook
Those who stay home and watch the stream are welcome to come by the Ballroom to receive the sacrament (bread only) from Noon – 1PM. It will be my pleasure to see and serve you!
If You Choose To Attend In-Person
- Please use the front entrance (you may exit through the back door at the end of the service).
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the front door for you to use.
- Please maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance between family groups at all times.
- We encourage you to wear a cloth face covering to protect others from your breath should you unknowingly be carrying the virus (we will have face masks available should you forget to bring one).
- For those who are able, please pick up your own chair from the back of the room (wipe it down if you’d like) and find a place for you and your family to sit with safe distancing (no need for an open center aisle). Likewise, at the end of the service, again if able, we ask that you return the chairs to the back of the room.
- We will minimize physical contact by Not using service booklets or hymnals (the liturgy and lyrics will be projected on video screens); Not having holy water near the entrance; Not “Passing the Peace” with handshakes or hugs but rather with bows, smiles, and peace signs; Not using the water fountain near the restrooms (you are welcome to bring your own water bottle); Not passing the offering plate. Please utilize our online system for giving, however, if you do bring an offering, place it in the offering plate which will be near the front door; Not offering food and beverages after the service.
- Be aware that you may be on camera at some point during the service. Our main camera is set up at the rear of the room and is aimed toward the altar table.
A Word About Holy Communion
- I will be setting the altar table alone, wearing a face mask while doing so (I will not wear a mask while leading our liturgy or preaching so that I can be heard). I will sanitize my hands and wear a mask while administering the bread.
- I would like family groups to line up for communion on the window side, maintaining 6 feet of distance between groups. Each group will come to greet me in front of the altar table, receive together, and after receiving, depart toward the back wall and back to their seats. This is how we will maintain safe distancing and move efficiently.
Fellowship After The Service
- Fellowship is best conducted outside, but as we are in summer in Tucson, you may talk inside while maintaining social distancing.
- May we continue to follow in the steps of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has commanded us to love God and also love our neighbors. Let us seek His face and heart in these days and walk accordingly. I look forward to seeing you this Sunday, either online, drive-by, or in-person.